Looking for a dairy substitute to replace the milk you’re used to drinking? You should try almond milk. It’s a healthier option than cow’s milk with no steroids and antibiotics plus it offers a wide variety of vitamins , minerals, and antioxidants. Learn how to make almond milk with the recipe below and enjoy the added benefits of this saturated fat and cholesterol free food that has lower calories.
DIY Almond Milk
- 1.5 cups raw almonds
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract (optional)
- Place almonds in a large container and soak for 6 hours.
- Drain and rinse the almonds.
- Add the almonds to a blender along with 4 cups filtered water, and honey. Add vanilla extract for additional flavoring.
- Blend for 2 minute or until the milk looks smooth.
- Place a cheesecloth or a few paper towels over a strainer or sieve. Drain the almond milk into a container.
- Taste and adjust flavor. You could add more honey or vanilla extract for a more well-rounded flavor.
- Cover your container with a lid and store in the fridge. Viola!
- Shake before serving.